2013 Missouri Administrative Hearing Commission Training
2013 Missouri Administrative Law Judge Basics Training
March 26-27, 2013
Jefferson City, MO
The Academy for IDEA Administrative Law Judges and Hearing Officers, on behalf of the Missouri Office of Administrative Hearings, will conduct a two-day training for Missouri Administrative Law Judges in Jefferson City, MO, on March 26-27, 2013.
The program, designed to provide an introduction to the basics of special education law and procedure for new hearing officers, consists of the following topics:
- Introduction to and Overview of Special Education Law and Procedure (Prof. S. James Rosenfeld, Seattle University School of Law)
- Discipline of Children with Disabilities (Jose L. Martín, Richards Lindsay & Martin, LLP)
- Testing, Evaluation and IEPs (Cynthia Herr, Ph.D., University of Oregon)
- Caselaw Review (Prof. Mark C. Weber, dePaul University College of Law); and
- Conducting Due Process Hearings (James D. Gerl, Scotti & Gerl).