- To provide an emphasis on Indian law in the curriculum, research, programs and projects at Seattle University School of Law;
- To provide unique learning opportunities to students through innovative classes, practical experience and interaction with tribal representatives;
- To develop new programs that will assist Indian tribes and their members deal with the variety of unique laws that apply to them;
- To develop innovative CLE programs and an electronic clearinghouse for recent developments in Indian law for practitioners
- To make information about current legal issues available to Indian tribes and people;
- To provide legal services to Indian tribes and people.